Friday, May 9, 2008

Inevitability

It was bound to happen.

We had a huge storm roll through. Wind. Heavy rains. Flooded alley-ways. Animals lining up two by two. Needless to say, I didn’t get out for my ride. But that wasn’t what ruined my weekend.


Yeah, that is a huge gash. The bike fell over in the wind that accompanied the storm. I'll spare you the details, but the following day, I had to rehang the garage door.

Like most new(ish) things, it's only a matter of time before they get scuffed and dinged. I was hoping that I would at least make it through a riding season without any major mishaps. I'm just glad it happened without me on its back. There are far worse ways to damage a bike.

The good news is that it still fires right up. Nothing is broken. The oil pan gasket looks like it's leaking a bit. It did sit on it's side for about 10 minutes before I realized what had happened. The tank will need to be banged out and repainted. I'll take it for a spin around the block tomorrow to make sure everything is in order.

Looks like I have a few more things to add to the list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ow. That hurts to look at.

Do you have a black Sharpie, perhaps? :-)

Anonymous said...

That calls for a new motorcycle. Some wear looks good on a Beemer but this is just ugly.

Too bad. It was such a nice motorcycle. I think it is ready for the island of misfit motorcycles...